Job Title: Business Development Specialist
Department: Business Development Center
Reports To: Supervisor, Business Development
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
SUMMARY The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for Inside Sales, Truckload brokerage service and provide support for the Sales Department. The objectives of this position include revenue/margin growth, ambitious customer acquisition and effective administrative skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-
- Generate a sales lead generation plan and manage the assigned sales territory
- Efficient management of active account base and prospecting through Salesforce.com
- Identify, contact and secure new sales opportunities through the web, outbound cold calls and emails
- Maintain and expand current business by building solid relationships with customers
- Construct pricing proposals based on sales strategy and information collected from the customers
- Close sales and achieve monthly quotas
- Review and analyze sales reports for data gathering and sales forecasts
- Responsible for daily/weekly/monthly reporting and communications with Sales and Truckload brokerage operations
- Act as the primary liaison between Daylight Transport and Truckload brokerage operations
- Monitors and continually enhances the workflow processes that support Truckload brokerage operations
- Assist Sales with administrative duties when necessary
- Provide high level of customer service to customers
- Collaborate with Credit & Collections in collecting payments and researching open invoices
- Communicate with Billing and Client Services to assist with customer requests and disputes
- Submit customer pricing profile requests, rate protections, sales accommodation requests and billing adjustment requests
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES- None
QUALIFICATIONS- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – Minimum two years of sales experience. Bachelor in Business Administration or Marketing preferred, but not required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS -Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must possess analytical skills and ability to think quickly.
OTHER SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS- Computer literate, PC and mainframe; working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Must be able to type. Ten-key required. Effective time management skills. Achievement oriented/goal directed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operated in an office setting, sharing a large room with co-workers. Fast paced environment. `Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daylight Transport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please forward all resumes to email@example.com